For many people the New Year is a time of reflection. Although your New Year’s resolution might eventually go astray, the start of the year is a great time for thinking about what you can do better in the year ahead.
The same goes for businesses. If your 2014 was successful, January can be the month when you plan how to build on those achievements. If your 2014 wasn’t so good, the New Year is an equally good time to press the reset button and make a fresh start.
This year, businesses can kick-start a year of growth by taking advantage of the Growth Vouchers programme. If you’re a small or micro-sized firm, you can apply to the government scheme and give your business a New Year boost.
What is the Growth Vouchers programme?
Launched in January 2014, the Growth Vouchers programme is a 15-month scheme designed to make professional strategic advice more accessible to growing businesses. Successful applicants will be given a voucher worth up to £2,000 to cover up to half the cost of the advice.
- You’re able to get advice on one of the following areas:
- accessing finance and controlling cashflow
- recruitment and staff development
- leadership and management
- marketing your business and retaining your customers
- using digital technology.
Is my business eligible?
To be eligible for the programme, your business must:
- be registered in England
- have 249 full-time employees or less
- have annual turnover of less than £50 million
- be actively trading goods or services
- be less than 25% owned by other organisations.
How does the process work?
After checking that your business is eligible for the scheme, you’ll need to fill out the online application form on the government’s website. You’ll need to provide:
- your Companies House registration number or your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR)
- a registered business address
- a PAYE number and a VAT registration number (if you have them)
- your business’s turnover details
- your contact details.
If you’re successful in your application, you’ll be able to use the online marketplace to find and choose an adviser.
For more information on the application process, speak to one of our advisers.
We’re an approved adviser
As an accredited adviser for the Growth Vouchers programme, our accountants provide professional advice tailored to your business’s strategic needs.
Contact us on 01344 776225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we can make your business grow.